The SDSF board members all volunteer their time to run this organization.
- President & Transplant Liaison- Christine James (Maryland)
Christine is mother to Bodie, who had a bone marrow transplant on 1-21-11. She is a stay at home mom due to the many hospitalizations, doctor's appointments, and illnesses Bodie endured. She is a Navy wife too. Christine joined SDSF as a Family & Bone Marrow Transplant Support Liaison.
- Vice President, Founder & Family Support- Joan Mowery (Missouri)
- Secretary- Pamela Miller (Kentucky)
- Treasurer- Bryan Sample (Texas)
Brian has 3 children, one of whom has SDS. He has included Corporate Fundraising as part of his duties on the SDSF. He is a lawyer by trade and donates his time to other non-profit organizations in his hometown.
- Media Chair - Ed Bickel - Virginia
- Fundraising Chair- Ed Turkaly - Colorado
- Administrative Assistant - Kim McDowell (New York)Kim has served as Administrative Assistant for SDSF for 14 years. She is mother of 5 and Director of Recreation in her community.
Special Advisor/s appointed by the Board
- Advisor to the Board (Website/Newsletter)- Erika Rieger (California)